This page features health information written in other languages as well as information focused on specific cultural groups. For help using any of these resources, or to suggest additional resources, please contact the Bio-Medical Library. These resources are not medical advice; please speak with a medical professional, such as your doctor, about any questions or concerns you may have about any of the information you find.
Back to the Personal Health Homepage
- ECHO Minnesota
- This site is created by Emergency & Community Health Outreach in St. Paul, MN. There are over 45 health and safety topics written for low-literacy English, Spanish, Hmong, Somali, Vietnamese, Lao, and Khmer.
- This site is a joint program of the University of Washington Health Sciences Libraries and Harborview Medical Center. It includes patient education materials in several languages, including Hmong and Somali, on topics such ranging from immunizations to asthma to smoking and more.
- Health Information Translations
- Created by a collaborative that includes the Ohio State Medical Center and National Children's Hospital, this site includes multilingual resources on disaster information, pregnancy, diagnostic tests, and many others.
- Healthy Roads Media
- This site was created by Healthy Roads Media with support from places like the National Library of Medicine to provide education materials in a number of languages and a variety of formats (including videos, handouts, audio, etc.). Health topics covered include asthma, diabetes, nutrition, smoking, women's health, and more.
- MedlinePlus in Spanish
- This is the Spanish version of the National Library of Medicine site MedlinePlus. It provides commercial free, reliable, free health information including more than 800 health topics, drug information, health news, a medical encyclopedia, tutorials, and more.
- MedlinePlus Multiple Languages
- A list of languages with links to corresponding health information from the National Library of Medicine.
- Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) - Health Education Materials for Refugees
- Multilingual health education materials and resources for refugees; includes Minnesota-specific as well as national resources.
- Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) - Translated Materials
- MDH materials translated into other languages: Amharic, Hmong, Laotian, Oromo, Russian, Somali, Spanish, Vietnamese.
- Refugee Health Information Network (RHIN)
- A national collaborative partnership managed by refugee health professionals whose objective is to provide quality multilingual, health information resources for those providing care to resettled refugees and asylees.
- African American Health from MedlinePlus
- This site, from the National Library of Medicine's consumer health website, includes news and links to more information and additional resources.
- American Indian Health
- An information portal to issues affecting the health and well-being of American Indians from the National Library of Medicine.
- Arctic Health
- Asian American Health
- An information portal to issues affecting the health and well-being of Asian Americans from the National Library of Medicine.
- Multi-Cultural Resources for Health Information
- From the National Library of Medicine's Specialized Information Services, this website links to resources on multicultural topics such as Cultural Competency, Dictionaries, Glossaries, and Online Translation Tools, Health Literacy, Multicultural Research, and more.