What is CINAHL?
- CINAHL stands for Cumulated Index in Nursing and Allied Health Literature.
- CINAHL is the major database for searching for journal articles in nursing and other allied health fields
- CINAHL indexes over 4600 journals with coverage beginning in 1981
Accessing CINAHL: Use the Quicklink on the Bio-Medical Library's homepage to access CINAHL
- The default search in CINAHL looks for your exact word/phrase in all fields
- A better option is to use the 'CINAHL Headings' link at the top of the page to seach for a subject heading that describes your concept
- Select the subject headking from the list and Search Database on the left.
- Use the "Search history" option to see past search queries, and to combine concepts.
- For a video tutorial, see http://hsl.lib.umn.edu/biomed/help/nursing#tutorial ("Using CINAHL Efficiently: The Basics.")