Research impact beyond citation counts
The Policy and News Media Impact service provides reports on individual or departmental research mentioned or cited in:
- public policy,
- news media,
- blog posts,
- Wikipedia and other informational sites.
The service is available to UMN researchers affiliated with the Health Sciences. If you are interested in this service, but are affiliated with another college or school, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Supplement traditional academic impact metrics such as citation counts or h-index.
- Demonstrate individual research impact for promotion, tenure, or grant applications.
- Describe the impact of research to departments, schools, colleges, or funding agencies.
- Communicate the value of research to the public and to scholarly communities.