The policy applies to you if your article:
- Is peer-reviewed;
- And, was accepted for publication after April 7, 2008;
- And, arises from
- Any direct funding from an NIH grant or cooperative agreement active in Fiscal Year 2008 (October 1, 2007 - September 30, 2008) or beyond, or;
- Any direct funding from an NIH contract signed on or after April 7, 2008, or;
- Any direct funding from the NIH Intramural Program, or;
- Any NIH employee (NIH pays your salary).
Compliance with the NIH Public Access Policy is required and is included as a term and condition of the award, in accordance with the NIH Grants Policy Statement.
The NIH Public Access Policy and Your Grant (Video; 7:33)
Overview of the NIH Public Access Policy produced by the NYU School of Medicine, NYU Health Sciences Libraries and CTSI. Includes an attachments tabs with links to FAQs, tutorials and NIH training videos.
Term Definitions (pdf)
List of terms with definitions used in complying with the Public Access Policy. Prepared by SPA for MyNCBI training sessions.