Course and instructor support
Our librarians offer a variety of instructional services to support teaching and learning goals. These services are free to all U of M faculty, staff, and students.
- In-class instruction on library information resources, research skills, and information management.
- Individualized consultations for research projects.
- Customized resource pages for courses.
- Materials/resource creation and identification to support courses.
- Resources, tools, and expertise to facilitate active learning in the curriculum.
Examples of instructional collaboration
- Teach evidence-based practice skills.
- Provide instruction on citation managers and library databases.
- Guide the development of a research question.
- Buy e-books and identify open educational resources for required course readings.
- Advise on the use of custom tools to support teaching and learning.
Nursing Librarian and Teaching and Learning Coordinator