Computers and printing
General public computing
- Seven public computers are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Two of the public computers provide SAS programming software.
- One multi-use printer/scanner is available for free emailing of scanned materials.
Wireless access is available throughout the Veterinary Medical Library via the University’s network.
Printing and copying
A black and white copy and print machine is available at a cost of $.10/side. Wireless printing is available.
- Self-serve machines accept payment via Gopher GOLD on your U Card or copy card. Departmental users with EFS accounts can use a departmental copy card.
- Add value to your U Card or Gopher Gold Card online.
- Enter a job name and an ID (any recognizable name).
- Go to the Uniprint station.
- Swipe your U Card or GopherGold card on the keyboard next to the printer.
- Select your print job from the list of pending jobs on the computer workstation. Click Print to accept, and then log out.
- All print jobs will stay on the Uniprint menu for exactly two hours after you send them.
Materials may be copied and distributed when they are:
- In the public domain; or
- Used with permission from the copyright holder; or
- Used under the provisions of a contract or license agreement, noting that agreements may differ from, and often take precedence over, what is allowed under copyright law; or
- Used under the provisions of Library Copying, U.S. Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. Section 108 or, to the extent possible for University-related instructional or scholarly purposes, under Fair Use, 17 U.S.C. Section 107, as outlined in the Classroom Guidelines, or as determined using a case-by-case four-factor analysis
The Libraries retains the right to refuse copy services requests on the basis of law-related or administrative concerns. For more information about copyright policies, visit the Libraries' Copyright site.