Research at the Wangensteen Historical Library takes many different forms and is directed toward a wide variety of goals. From research on the history of anatomical illustration to inspiration for poetry, ceramics, and paintings, to History Day projects, the collection is open to all researchers at all levels.
You are welcome to make an appointment with the curator, Lois Hendrickson (firstname.lastname@example.org), to discuss your research project. Review our Plan your Visit page for detailed information on hours, directions, policies, and more.
- Number of Volumes: ~80,000
- Number of Artifacts: ~1,000 catalogued and a number of unprocessed artifact collections
- Collection Date Range: ~1480-1945
- Languages Represented: English, Latin, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Hungarian, Russian
Search the Collection
The majority of the Wangensteen Historical Library’s collection can be located by searching the University of Minnesota’s online catalog, MNCAT.
If you need research assistance, please call 612.626.6881 or email email@example.com.
Researchers may also be interested in these additional special collections on th University of Minnesota campus and the surrounding community.
- Special Collections & Rare Book Unit
- James Ford Bell Library
- University of Minnesota Archives
- University of Minnesota Andersen Horticulture Library
- Minnesota Historical Society
- The Bakken Museum