The librarians at the Bio-Medical Library are expert searchers who can support and guide investigators in the following systematic review tasks:
- Determine if a systematic review has already been done on your proposed topic.
- Collaborate with you to translate your research question into an appropriate search strategy to ensure that all relevant studies are identified.
- Recommend specific databases and other information sources to be searched.
- Conduct the literature search in relevant databases.
- Deliver search results in a format which can be imported into EndNote or other citation management tools.
- Write the search methodology section of the review.
- Maintain records of search results and follow up with alerts and updates as needed.
- Librarians who write the search methodology section of the review should be included as a co-author. Librarians who collaborate on search strategy formation and/or citation management should be acknowledged in the final publication.
Standards and Guides for Writing a Systematic Review
- For more information, see our Systematic Review guide.