Lisa McGuire, MLIS, is an Associate Librarian at the Bio-Medical Library and the Associate Director for Education & Research Services. Lisa holds a BA in Art History from the University of Minnesota, and an MLIS from Dominican University. Lisa started her library career as a student employee at Wilson Library at the University of Minnesota, and then spent eight years as a paraprofessional in technical services at the Bio-Medical Library.
Areas of Interest
Database Searching, Digital Reference Services, Curriculum-Focused Instruction, Health Literacy and Communications
Publications and Major Presentations
- McGuire LA. Rethinking How to Create a Health Disparity Tutorial. Poster presentation at the 2011 Medical Library Association Annual Meeting, Minneapolis, MN.
- Nixdorf DR, Moana-Filho EJ, Law AS, McGuire LA, Hodges JS, John MT. Frequency of nonodontogenic tooth pain after after endodontic therapy: a systematic review and meta-analysis. J Endod 2010 Sep;36(9):1494-98. Article.
- Nixdorf DR, Moana-Filho EJ, Law AS, McGuire LA, Hodges JS, John MT. Frequency of persistent tooth pain after root canal therapy: a systematic review and meta-analysis. J Endod 2010 Feb;36(2):224-30. Article.
- McGuire LA. Chronic pain: information resources on the internet. Journal of Consumer Health on the Internet 2010 42(1):42-50. Article.
- McGuire L. Planning for a Pandemic Influenza Outbreak: Roles for Librarian Liaisons in Emergency Delivery of Educational Programs. Med Ref Serv Q 2007 Win;26(4): 1-13. Article.
- McGuire L, Kelly JA. Subject and Source Trends in the Star Tribune's Coverage of the Medical Literature. Minn Med. 2003 Apr;86(4):33-8. PMID: 12797656.
- McGuire L, Littleton D, Mueller M. Purchase/reject Decision Factors of Computer-Assisted Instruction Programs by Health Sciences Faculty. MC Journal: The Journal of Academic Media Librarianship. 1999 Fall;6(2). Article.