Get to the library
Public transportationThe library can be accessed by light rail. Take the Green Line, exiting at the East Bank Station.
University community required identification and entrances
University faculty, students, and staff can gain library access through any building entrance with a card reader using a valid U Card, Fairview badge, or M Health badge.
Visitor required identification and entrances
Visitors to the Health Sciences buildings, including the libraries in Diehl Hall must:
- present a valid government-issued photo identification (ID),
- present a Libraries access card OR evidence of a confirmed appointment, and
- use designated visitor entrances.
Get a Libraries access cardThree Libraries access cards are available to visitors:
- Visitor/guest access card: Visit any other University Libraries location to sign up for free visitor access.
- Friends of the Libraries card: Join or renew membership at the Friends of the Libraries site for visitor access and additional benefits.
- Special borrowers card: Eligible members of selected academic institutions and Minnesota government agencies can send a complete special borrower's application in advance of their visit.
Schedule an appointmentVisitors with appointments must present evidence of a confirmed appointment (printed or displayed on smartphone) at a designated visitor entrance.
To schedule an appointment, call:
Find visitor entrancesVisitors must use designated visitor entrances (wheelchair accessible).
Monday - Friday from 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- 2nd floor Moos Tower - Washington Ave (wheelchair access through Washington Avenue Parking Ramp tunnel)
- 3rd floor Moos Tower - Delaware circle
- 2nd floor Mayo Building - Church Street
- 3rd floor Diehl Hall - plaza
The Libraries welcomes learners and scholars from all cultures and backgrounds.
- We are committed to providing a safe, open environment, and the broadest possible access to quality information.
- We do not tolerate disruptive behavior, harassment, and hateful acts.
- We are open to all and to all points of view.
- We strive to reflect our community by embracing the diversity of people and ideas.
We are here to assist you. Please do not hesitate to ask for our help.