The library has a large open study area located in the Health Sciences Eduction Center, room 5-105. Quiet study space is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Face coverings and physical distancing are required. The study area has:
- a mix of furniture to support a variety of study needs,
- movable whiteboards,
- wireless access, and
If you plan to use the quiet study area, know that:
- Face coverings are required.
- Physical distancing is required.
Reservable study spaces
The library offers reservable rooms located on floors 2, 3, and 5 of the Phillips-Wangensteen Building and floor 2 of the Health Sciences Education Center. Study spaces can be reserved online by current U of M students, staff, and faculty. The rooms have:
- wireless access,
- white boards, and
- digital display monitors.
If you plan on reserving a study room, know that:
- Use is limited to 1 person at a time.
- Users are not required to wear face coverings when the study room door is closed.
- Cleaning supplies will be provided.
Study spaces with computers
Computers with general and specialized software are located next to the Service Desk on floor 5 of the Phillips-Wangensteen Building.
Additional study spaces
There are several open spaces available for study across the Phillips-Wangensteen Building and the Health Sciences Education Center.