New identification requirements for access to Bio-Medical, Wangensteen libraries
Beginning December 2, identification will be required for entry into designated health sciences buildings, including the Bio-Medical Library and Wangensteen Historical Library in Diehl Hall.
University community required identification and entrances
University faculty, students, and staff can access the Bio-Medical Library and Wangensteen Historical Library through any building entrance with a card reader using a valid U Card, Fairview badge, or M Health badge.
Visitor required identification and entrances
Visitors must present:
- a valid government-issued photo identification (ID),
- a library visitor identification card OR evidence of a confirmed appointment,
- and use designated visitor entrances.
Visitor identification library access cards
Visitors must present a valid government-issued photo ID along with one of the following library access cards at a designated visitor entrance.
- Visitor/guest access card
Visitors to the Bio-Medical Library and Wangensteen Historical Library may go to any other University Libraries location to sign up for free visitor access.
- Friends of the Libraries card
Visitors may join or renew membership at the Friends of the Libraries site to receive other benefits in addition to free visitor access.
- Special Borrowers card
Eligible members of selected academic institutions and Minnesota government agencies have special borrowing privileges. Eligible candidates should send a complete special borrower's application in advance of their visit.
Schedule an appointment
Visitors with appointments must present evidence of a confirmed appointment (printed or displayed on smartphone) at a designated visitor entrance.
To schedule an appointment, call:
Visitors without an accompanying Libraries access card or scheduled appointment may request an escort at a designated visitor entrance. Visitors may encounter wait times when arriving without a library access card or scheduled appointment.
Designated visitor entrances
Visitors must use designated visitor entrances to access the Bio-Medical Library and Wangensteen Historical Library in Diehl Hall.
Monday - Friday from 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- 2nd floor of Moos Tower at Washington Ave (wheelchair accessible through the Washington Avenue Parking Ramp tunnel)
- 3rd floor of Moos Tower at the Delaware circle (wheelchair accessible)
- 2nd floor Mayo Building at the Church Street entrance (wheelchair accessible)
Saturday and Sunday from 12:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- 3rd floor Diehl Hall at the plaza entrance (wheelchair accessible)
505 Essex Street SE
- The closest parking structures to the Bio-Medical Library are the Washington Avenue Ramp and the Oak Street Ramp.
- Campus parking facilities
Take the Green Line Light Rail, exiting at the East Bank Station.