About the Veterinary Medical Library
Welcome to the Veterinary Library, where we provide information, resources, and services to support the education, research, clinical care, and outreach missions of the University of Minnesota's College of Veterinary Medicine.
Explore our outstanding collection of current textbooks and journals on all aspects of veterinary medicine.
Our staff can connect you with the resources you need — from our services that expand the impact of your research to our vast collection of e-journals and e-books that promote evidence-based care and enhance your productivity.
Whatever you're looking for, look to us to be your partners in learning, teaching, research, and care.
Plan for library closure and promise of continued collaboration
On July 30, Laura Molgaard (Interim Dean, CVM) and Lisa German (Dean of Libraries) jointly announced the plan to close the Veterinary Medical Library. As we move through the planning process and into the future, we promise to uphold the high level of library collaboration with CVM that currently exists.
- André Nault will continue on as the Veterinary Medical Librarian.
- All library services and resources continue to be available to CVM faculty, students, staff, researchers, and practitioners.
- Access to electronic journals, databases, and books are available online 24/7.
- Print materials can be requested for delivery (electronic, digital scan, or mail delivery). Select “Get it” from Libraries search results, or go directly to the Interlibrary Loan and Digital Delivery page to request materials.
- Study spaces will be available at Magrath Library on the St. Paul campus, as well as other campus libraries with the phased reopening of library buildings.
- A planning group with CVM and Libraries representation has been convened to ensure that needs are met.
- Questions and feedback can be directed to André Nault.